Have a mother 73 who lives in another state them myself. In july she said my cousin kill somebody . She did not they called for ambulance she refused medical attention. She knows dates time who she is. Call her doctor they could not dicuss my mother with

Dr. Andrius Baskys
Psychiatry - Geriatric

In brief: There

There could be numerous reasons for this behavior. They could be psychiatric, for example, depression, it could be the beginning of a neurological illness such as alzheimer's disease or it could be side effects of prescription or over the counter medications that she might be taking.
In any event, a thorough evaluation by a physician knowledgeable in geriatric medicine or psychiatry would be the best strategy. If she is refusing to see a specialist, she may agree to talk to her family doctor whom she knows and trusts and who could evaluate her and recommend further steps, if necessary. A telehealth option might work as well. This method allows the person to be evaluated at home via a video link directly connected to the doctor's office. Many studies show that seniors favor this type of service.

In brief: There

Dr. Andrius Baskys
Dr. Andrius Baskys
Dr. Jane Van Dis