Should i continue waiting for my cycle to start or should I start taking promtetrium again at 400 mg for ten days? I was diagnosed with pcos whien i stopped taking bc to try and conceive. I did not have a period for over six months. I took promtetrium at

Dr. Dennis Higginbotham

In brief: Depends

Prometrium (micronized progesterone) is effective for causing a "period", but is does nothing at all to improve your chances for conceiving.
If you want to conceive, you must ovulate - see your ob/gyn to discuss ovulation induction.

In brief: Depends

Dr. Dennis Higginbotham
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham
Dr. Ew Moffitt

In brief: When

When you have had multiple attempts to start a period with a medicine and it has not worked well, i think it is best to see your doctor. In this case i usually draw blood to check your hormones.
This helps me decide what is the best next step to take in your care. I would not recommend for you to take Prometrium (micronized progesterone) at 400 mg.

In brief: When

Dr. Ew Moffitt
Dr. Ew Moffitt