Do I have a yeast infection and an ingrown hair? Hi, I have been having some unprotected sex but I am on birth control. I think I have a yeast infection.. I was diagnosed with one recently and i used some gel to get rid of it (prescribed by doctor) but i

Dr. Barry Cohen
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: No way

To tell online see your gyn or fp sorry.

In brief: No way

Dr. Joy Jackson

In brief: Typically

Typically gel is not used for a yeast infection, are you sure you were not treated for a bacterial infection? You can try an over the counter anti-fungal cream like monistat.
If that does not work then a visit to your doctor is in order, if the lesion you found persists or becomes very red, tender, or swollen you should be seen by your doctor as well. If it is an ingrown hair it should improve after a week or so, unless it becomes infected. Good luck.

In brief: Typically