I'm a quadriplegic with 6 months to live, and I just found out I have syringomyelia. Is it worth having surgery?

Dr. Ramin AmirNovin
Neurosurgery
In brief: Generally not
Please see your md with the specifics for a better answer. An exam and detailed history is very important in your case.

In brief: Generally not
Dr. Ramin AmirNovin
Dr. Ramin AmirNovin
Dr. Soren Singel
Neurosurgery
In brief: Not recommended
Question is if surgery would improve your quality of life - this depends on the nature and completeness of your quadriplegia.
I would only take the anesthesia risks and post-surgical pain if there was some hope that you gain significant mobility back. Maybe worthwhile discussing with your local providers.

In brief: Not recommended
Dr. Soren Singel
Dr. Soren Singel
Dr. Vicken Poochikian