I was given a shot in my deltoid/shoulder for back pain. The shot was improperly administered i cannot use my shoulder now. I went to the doctor on october 30 th for back pain from a car accident that had happen in august. I was given a shot in my arm to

Dr. James Bicos
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Many things

The deltoid is controlled by the axillary nerve.
There is the small possibility that the shot was placed close enough to the axillary nerve or into the axillary nerve for it to stop working. Rare -- but can happen. I would get an EMG and ortho evaluation. I do not think the prior comment on adhesive capsulitis is correct. It is a different mechanism of injury for that.

In brief: Many things

Dr. James Bicos
Dr. James Bicos
Dr. Joy Jackson

In brief: Adhesice

Adhesice capsulitis will resolve over time with appropriate treatment.
Physical therapy is key to getting better. There are exercises the physical therapist will show you to help release your frozen shoulder so to speak. The pain is treated with anti-inflammatory medications like advil (ibuprofen) or Ibuprofen and possibly steroid injections. Surgery is recommended if nonsurgical treatment does not work. You orthopedic surgeon can explain this possibility and the procedure. Good luck.

In brief: Adhesice

Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Eric Weisman