How long do people with moyamoya disease normally live?

Dr. Steven Giannotta
Neurosurgery
In brief: Depends.
Adults with moya moya disease can live normal life spans depending on how severe the presentation is, which is usually a stroke.
As long as there aren't severe or frequent strokes, there can be a reasonable life expectancy.

In brief: Depends.
Dr. Steven Giannotta
Dr. Steven Giannotta
Dr. Eric Weisman
Another concern is seizures which can be difficult to manage. I see a few people with this problem in both my adult and pediatric Epilepsy Clinics.
Dr. Robert Singer
Neurosurgery
In brief: Depends
Morbidity and mortality rates are different in adults and children.
The key is to establish the diagnosis as soon as possible as surgical treatment is proven to reduce risk of hemorrhage and neurologic decline.

In brief: Depends
Dr. Robert Singer
Dr. Robert Singer