What can cause lower abdomen pains for several days after normal monthly period? Pain is worse after i eat, early in the morning, and after to much movement. I have taken ibuprofen, pepto bismol (bismuth subsalicylate) on the first couple of days.

Dr. Joy Jackson

In brief: There

There are many possible causes of lower abdominal pain.
These include urinary tract infection (uti), peptic ulcer, infection, ovarian cysts, etc. Etc. The fact that it is worse in the am and after eating leads me to lean towards a gastritis or ulcer. You should stop the Ibuprofen as it can cause further abdominal pain. You should be evaluated by your doctor to find the cause of your problems and begin appropriate treatment. Best of luck.

In brief: There

Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Adam Levy