20 minutes ago i was cleaning my ear with a qtip and i went too far and it started to bleed i can hear fine and it stopped bleeding

Dr. John Kim
Ophthalmology

In brief: You

You probably scratched the side of your ear canal.
If it stopped bleeding and your hearing is fine, you don't need to worry. It is recommended that q-tips not be used to clean the ear canal. Use it to clean the outer ear but not inside. Becareful.

In brief: You

Dr. John Kim
Dr. John Kim
Dr. Joseph Jeu

In brief: The

The bleeding is probably from having scratched the skin in the ear canal.
This will heal with time. I doubt you punctured your ear drum since you state you can hear fine. Be careful with q-tip use in the future. Best wishes.

In brief: The

Dr. Joseph Jeu
Dr. Joseph Jeu
Dr. Steven Seres