What do we need to do if a paintball splatters in an eye it is red and swollen around the eye

Dr. Irina Ganelis
Ophthalmology

In brief: Hi,

Hi, i would be concerned about a couple of things: 1.
You may have a rupture in your eye. In this case, don't touch the eye and go straight to er. 2. If you only have the chemicals splattered into eye, you may wash the eye out with water to minimize chemical injury. 3. If only the skin is injured, wash it out and see an ophthalmologist asap! it will help you avoid the permanent damage if there is any problem. Sincerely, irina ganelis, M.D. Los angeles eye institute http://losangeleseyeinstitute.Com.

In brief: Hi,

Dr. Irina Ganelis
Dr. Irina Ganelis
Dr. Joseph Jeu

In brief: I

I agree with the eye physician.
I would like to add that paintball should always be played with helmet and eye protection. Best wishes.

In brief: I

I agree with the eye physician.
Dr. Joseph Jeu
Dr. Joseph Jeu
Dr. Jeffrey Whitman
Ophthalmology

In brief: Should

Should wash out the eye with eye wash or water and see an eye specialist if the eye remains irritated.

In brief: Should

Dr. Jeffrey Whitman
Dr. Jeffrey Whitman
Dr. John Kim
Ophthalmology

In brief: It

It depends... Do you have any pain? Is your vision effected? If neither, then wash out your eye with irrigation solution that you can buy from any pharmacy.
If your vision is changed or have any discomfort, you need to be seen by an ophthalmologist asap.

In brief: It

Dr. John Kim
Dr. John Kim