Period symptom or implantation bleeding? I had brown discharge for not even a full day after being fingered. I had unprotected sex exactly 14 days ago, no ejaculation was present and my period is due in about a week.

At. At this point, it's impossible to say what the discharge is from. It's most likely not from implantation, however, since that usually occurs within 3 days of unprotected vaginal sex. Your partner could have scratched the inside of your vagina or cervix with his fingers and that could cause a little bleeding/ brown discharge. You may want to wait and see if you have your normal period in a week. If you have continued discharge, bleeding, pain, foul odor, or discomfort, be sure to call your doctor. As doctors, anytime a fertile, sexually active woman has an abnormally light or missed period, the first thing we do is rule out pregnancy. Without taking the test it's impossible to know whether you are pregnant or not. You can either take a home pregnancy test as long as it has been 5 to 6 weeks since your last normal period, or you can go see your doctor and they can test you. It is always better to be safe than sorry and to know sooner rather than later. Good luck!