I have had a cold and now it hurts to swallow and breath it hurt my throat when I swallow and breath I have taking dayquil

No problem. If its a cold just be patient and in 10-14 days you'll be as good as new . If after two your symptoms have not improved please visit your doctor. Take care and be well.
It . It sounds like you may be dealing with strep throat. This is a common bacterial infection of the throat that causes intense pain. A fever may or may not be present and a cough is usually absent. Strep throat can be diagnosed by your doctor very easily. If it is strep throat then antibiotics will be prescribed, as well as a pain reliever. You can also gargle with warm salt water. Hope you feel better soon.