What is the painless popping and cracking in my joints? My joints pop and crack all of the time, but it doesn't hurt. But sometimes, i feel like my bones are grinding against one another. That does hurt, but only a little. I am on medications such as nexi

Dr. Vadim Glukh
Orthopedic Surgery - Foot & Ankle

In brief: Popping and cracking

Can be caused by extra flexible capsules of the joints, trapping the joint fluid in the periphery of the joint and creating low pressure / vaccuum "bubbles" that pop/ implode on certain moves.
The are thought to produce small shockwaves that gradually beat up the cartilage surfaces and contribute to developing arhtritis. Learning to kick the habit of cracking knuckles woould be useful.

In brief: Popping and cracking

Dr. Vadim Glukh
Dr. Vadim Glukh
Dr. Gary Sterba
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

In brief: Pop

Pop and crack of joinbts might not be a sign that reflects that something is wrong .
Fine sound s and crepitacions might. Specially if you are skinny , the rubbing adn contact of tendons and soft tissue structures might do those sounds and they might be considered normal.

In brief: Pop

Dr. Gary Sterba
Dr. Gary Sterba
Dr. Steven Seres