Can someone get trichomoniasis by having oral sex can some get trichomoniasis by having orol sex

Dr. Hunter Handsfield
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease

In brief: No

Trichomonas is not known to be carried in the oral cavity, and not known to be transmitted by oral sex.
This hasn't been carefully researched, so conceivably it is possible. But in my 40 years in the STD business, I have never seen a patient with trich whose only apparent exposure was oral-genital contact. In general, oral sex is much lower risk than vaginal or anal sex for all STDs.

In brief: No

Dr. Hunter Handsfield
Dr. Hunter Handsfield
Dr. Joy Jackson

Yes trichomoniasis can be transmitted by oral sex.
Condoms or dental dam should always be used when performing or receiving oral sex. Please be safe.

Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Jane Van Dis