When do people usually get vaccinated against measles? Is safe to vaccinate babies and young children?

In brief: Depends/very much so

In the US the schedule starts the MMR series at a year with a booster at 4-5 yrs.
In a local epidemic or when traveling in a worrisome area it can be given 1st at 6 mo but the dose wouldn't count other than to provide temporary protection. A repeat at 1yr would be required & considered the start of the series. Vaccines in infants & children are one of the best health advances in the 20th century.

In brief: Depends/very much so

Dr. Laura McMullen

In brief: According

According to the schedule from the center for disease control and the academy of pediatrics, the first measles vaccination (along with mumps and rubella) is given between 12 and 15 months of age.
The second vaccination is given around ages 4-6. Extensive research has been done to look into the claims that the MMR vaccine causes autism and this has been found to be not true. I attached a website discussing the safety of the MMR vaccine below. My daughter will be getting her MMR vaccine next week when she turns 1.

In brief: According

Dr. Laura McMullen
Dr. Laura McMullen