Do I need to see a neurologist or a neurosurgeon if I just had my first seizure?

Dr. Kevin Vaught
Neurosurgery

In brief: Neurologist

A neurologist would typically be the specialist to see for the initial evaluation.
Good luck.

In brief: Neurologist

Good luck.
Dr. Kevin Vaught
Dr. Kevin Vaught
Dr. Sarah Blake
Pain Management

In brief: Neurologist

You need to be evaluated for seizures versus other causes of loss of consciousness.
They may decide to order an MRI of the brain and an eeg. You probably should not drive or operate heavy equipment until you have been evaluated.

In brief: Neurologist

Dr. Sarah Blake
Dr. Sarah Blake
Dr. R. Morgan Stuart
Neurosurgery

In brief: See a neurologist

A neurologist can perform an initial evaluation and work up for the various causes of seizures, not all of which require surgical intervention.
A neurologist can help refer you to a neurosurgeon if he feels that surgical intervention may be warranted.

In brief: See a neurologist

Dr. R. Morgan Stuart
Dr. R. Morgan Stuart
Dr. Philip Chao
Radiology

In brief: Well

The prob is that since you are an adult you are possibly driving.
I would say yes see a neurologist to be safe.

In brief: Well

Dr. Philip Chao
Dr. Philip Chao