My daughter is 5 years old she has a persistent cough that won't go away? I have had her to 2 different doctors and they said nothing seems to be wrong with her. I had a chest X-ray done on her but there were no abnormalities it seems to worsen when it i

Dr. Mary Engrav
Emergency Medicine

In brief: She

She should be evaluated for asthma, as some children can have a cough as their only symptom. It is important to be sure she had the pertussis immunization and that she is up to date on that.
If her symptoms persist, if she has fever, rash, shortness of breath or vomiting then she would need to be seen as an emergency.

In brief: She

Dr. Mary Engrav
Dr. Mary Engrav
Dr. Adam Levy