Can i take anything to help regulate my period? Last month i thought my period was starting but unfortunately spotted for 3 weeks before it came finally. This month it started last friday (spotting) and still hasn't came...What can I do now?

Dr. Laura McMullen

In brief: You

You should give your doctor a call and discuss your symptoms.
It's important to discuss with your doctor whether you are sexually active and if you have ever had a regular period. Certain hormone imbalances such as hypothyroidism and polycystic ovarian syndrome (pcos) can cause irregular periods. It is also important for you to have a gynecological exam to make sure your spotting is not due to another problem with your uterus, cervix or vagina. One of the main ways doctors regulate irregular periods is by using hormonal birth control such as the pill, nuvaring, depo-provera injection or hormonal iud such as the mirena (levonorgestrel). It's just very important to rule out other causes or problems, first.

In brief: You

Dr. Laura McMullen
Dr. Laura McMullen
Dr. Adam Levy