Should i go to the emergency room for my headache? I have 3 brain aneurysms, and this is a different headache than I have ever had. This headache comes on strong, and is a throbbing headache. It only last for no more than a minute and goes away for about

Dr. Abhineet Chowdhary
Neurosurgery

In brief: Better to be safe

Usually, when an aneurysm ruptures, patients describe the worst headache of their life.
If your headaches have changed in intensity or quality, the safe thing to do is to go to the er for confirmation that it is not from a rupture or a sentinel bleed signaling imminent rupture.

In brief: Better to be safe

Dr. Abhineet Chowdhary
Dr. Abhineet Chowdhary
Dr. Laura McMullen

In brief: Even

Even though most headaches are harmless, without examining you, i cannot tell whether your headaches are concerning or not.
With your history of aneurysms, the safest thing for you to do is to be seen by a doctor as soon as possible. If it is during office hours, call your primary care doctor for advice. They may want to see you or may advise you to go to the emergency room. Better to be safe than sorry! good luck!

In brief: Even

Dr. Laura McMullen
Dr. Laura McMullen
Dr. Crystal Twynham
Board Certified, Surgery