I broke my collarbone, and now I am having shoulder pain. Could they be related? I was 10 when i broke my collarbone and now I am 21.

Dr. David Trettin
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Unlikely

Unless you broke the bone severely and close to the acromion(near the ac joint) the chances of a common mid 1/3 clavicle fx.
Causing shoulder pain 10 years later are remote.Common causes of shoulder pain in 21yo females include shoulder instability, tendinitis, referred pain from neck, etc.See your ors if your pain continues.Best of luck!

In brief: Unlikely

Dr. David Trettin
Dr. David Trettin
Dr. Francisco Schwartz-Fernandes
Surgery - Hand Surgery

In brief: Clavicle

Clavicle or collar bone fractures can cause shoulder pain if they cause imbalance due to malunion ( when a fracture heals in the wrong way).
Ideally new radiographies are needed for a proper evaluation of your case. Shoulder specialists or general ortho surgeons may help you with that. Good luck.

In brief: Clavicle

Dr. Francisco Schwartz-Fernandes
Dr. Francisco Schwartz-Fernandes
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine