My ck level is 5 times its normal level, should I be worried? I am 44 years old and type one diabetic since 5 years old. I am on an insulin pump since the past two years. During the past 4 months i feel pain and stiffnes in both my arms.I went to my gp an

Dr. Bennett Werner
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: Myositis

You have myositis.
A rheumatologist is the specialist who deals with these issues. You need to see one.

In brief: Myositis

You have myositis.
Dr. Bennett Werner
Dr. Bennett Werner
Dr. Gary Sterba
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

In brief: You

You don t seem to have any sympotoms that might suggest you have a muscular or rheumatic disease, and the high ck might be related to something else .
What other medications are you takind , trauma ? No tissue damage anywere else , at the site of the pump in order do do a bx is usefull to have an area of mucle weakness or an abnormal MRI that shows inflammation of tghe muscle

In brief: You

Dr. Gary Sterba
Dr. Gary Sterba
Dr. Shontae Buffington