My 2 year old is having bm issues. My 2 year old is having bm issues. It's not hard, it's actually kind of loose and gritty almost sandy. She is in a lot of pain everytime she has to go which is all day long. We stopped milk and dairy to see if that was t

Dr. Mary Engrav
Emergency Medicine

In brief: Stopping

Stopping dairy is a good idea.
Good foods for diarrhea include rice, bananas, and soft foods. Avoid citrus fruits or vegetables. Soft bread or dry cereal would be fine. Avoid gatorade as it can increase diarrhea because of its sugar content. If her diarrhea continues, or if she gets fever, pain, blood in her stool, vomiting or rash then she would need to be seen as an emergency.

In brief: Stopping

Stopping dairy is a good idea.
Dr. Mary Engrav
Dr. Mary Engrav
Dr. Adam Levy