How long does it take to ovulate after stopping the Depo-Provera provera shot? I have been on Depo-Provera for 7yrs and recently stopped taking it. My last shot was in august and i was due for another but stopped because i want to switch to a new kind of

Dr. Laura McMullen

In brief: After

After stopping depo-provera, most women start to ovulate within 3 to 4 months, however, for some women, it can take up to a year. You may want to have your doctor check a pregnancy test prior to starting a new hormonal method of birth control just in case.
In the meantime, make sure you use another form of birth control such as a condom to protect yourself from getting pregnant.

In brief: After

Dr. Laura McMullen
Dr. Laura McMullen
Dr. Adam Levy