Can I get dbs or gamma knife surgery for Parkinson's even though I have epilepsy?

Dr. Steven Giannotta
Neurosurgery

If you epilepsy is under control with medications, there is no reason why you couldn't be evaluated for movement disorder surgery, such as dbs.

Dr. Steven Giannotta
Dr. Steven Giannotta
Dr. Adam Hebb
Neurosurgery

In brief: Need full evaluation

You would need a comprehensive evaluation of your epilepsy and movement disorder. Gamma knife therapy is typically not recommended for parkinson's disease.
However, dbs may be an option.

In brief: Need full evaluation

However, dbs may be an option.
Dr. Adam Hebb
Dr. Adam Hebb
Dr. Richard Pollard
Anesthesiology

Either dbs and/ or gamma knife surgery can be done on people with epilepsy.
Talk to your anesthesiologist about the various risks of the procedures as you make your decision.

Dr. Richard Pollard
Dr. Richard Pollard
Dr. Arnon Rubin