What's a safe natural way to help my 8 month old son with acid reflux? My son was diagnosed with acid reflux when he was just a month old. He has been on Zantac for it but I'm all about doing things natually. He is on organic soy formula. Any suggestions?

Look at his diet. Consider what he eats/drinks and whether he could be sensitive/allergic. Some babies do better off soy and cow's milk, sometimes eliminating both can be helpful. Positioning upright after feeds can be tough when they want to move at this age, but you can try. I personally find herbal blends like those used for colic containing chamomile, fennel or ginger to be useful.
Acid . Acid reflux or gastroesophageal reflux disease (gerd) is very common in young infants. There are a few things you can do at home to help with his symptoms. - hold your baby in an upright position for a half an hour after each feeding as often as you can (use gravity to your advantage!) - elevate the head of the baby's bed to 30 degrees (you can do this by placing 1 or 2 adult pillows under the head of the mattress). - try not to jostle your baby around after feeding (this can make him spit more) - place your baby upright over your shoulder when burping - feed your baby small amounts frequently so as to not over fill the stomach - burp frequently (after each ounce) to prevent a large air bubble from forcing everything up later - some doctors may suggest adding cereal to the formula - only do this if instructed to do so by your doctor. If you are doing these things and your child is still spitting with pain (back arching, screaming with or after feeds), refusing to eat, or not gaining weight well, then he needs his medication. Zantac (ranitidine) is an extremely safe medication used on even the tiniest preemies in the nicu. If you want to stop his zantac, (ranitidine) you should discuss this with his doctor before doing so.