I've had pneumonia 7 times over the past 18 years, is it ok for me to scuba dive, i would only be going down about 40 feet. I coughed up blood a few times about 6 years ago, but nothing since. My doctor told me i may have COPD from second hand smoke ( i'v

Dr. Jack Mutnick
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: Scuba Diving

What did your COPD doctor say? If they recommend against, then i would have to concur since they have knowledge of your medical condition and are best suited to make recommendations.
The concern with regard to the risk of scuba diving in patients who have asthma or COPD relates to the fact that divers breathe compressed gas. It is contraindicated.

In brief: Scuba Diving

Dr. Jack Mutnick
Dr. Jack Mutnick
Dr. Joseph Jeu

In brief: It

It sounds like you have good exercise tolerance.
You should be able to scuba dive. Jmj.

In brief: It

You should be able to scuba dive. Jmj.
Dr. Joseph Jeu
Dr. Joseph Jeu
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine