What should I expect during my recovery from tear duct reconstruction surgery? I am about to have surgery to fix a blocked tear duct in my right eye. How long is the recovery from this surgery? Will i take any medications after tear duct reconstruction, w

Dr. William Goldstein
Ophthalmology

In brief: Ask your doc

These are great questions to ask your surgeon before you agree to surgery!

In brief: Ask your doc

Dr. William Goldstein
Dr. William Goldstein
Dr. Ron Pelton
Facial Plastic Surgery

In brief: Each

Each surgeon has his own way of doing the surgery so this is a question best directed to your surgeon.
As a rule though, the eye may continue to water or it may be better right away. You may have a stent placed but this should not be too bothersome. Some docs will put you on antibiotics but some do not. This may be in the form of drops or ointment or even oral antibiotics. Hope that helps.

In brief: Each

Dr. Ron Pelton
Dr. Ron Pelton
Dr. Cindy Juster