Is endonasal reconstruction a good choice for tear duct reconstruction? I know that i need tear duct reconstruction surgery to open my blocked tear duct, but I am concerned about getting a scar on my nose from the procedure. Is endonasal reconstruction a

Dr. John Kim
Ophthalmology

In brief: Endonasal

Endonasal reconstruction is preferred because it leaves no visible scar. However not all surgeons are trained to do this procedure.
External approach is easier to perform but leaves a visible scar. If your surgeon is confident and has performed this procedure before then i recommend it.

In brief: Endonasal

Dr. John Kim
Dr. John Kim
Dr. Irina Ganelis
Ophthalmology

In brief: Hello, The

Hello, the positive of endonasal dcr is lack of scarring.
Less than 1% of patients in the studies have reported the final incision scar as unsatisfactory. While not universal, most studies have demonstrated lower success rates with endoscopic dcr. With the exception of avoidance of external incision scar, reported complications of endoscopic dcr appear to be similar. For younger patients who are concerned about the prospect of a scar, endoscopic dcr is a better choice, given that it would normally require general anesthesia and has a somewhat lower success rate. Hope it helps. Sincerely, irina ganelis, M.D. http://losangeleseyeinstitute.com.

In brief: Hello, The

Dr. Irina Ganelis
Dr. Irina Ganelis
Dr. Jay Bradley
Ophthalmology - LASIK Surgery

In brief: As

As long as your surgeon is skilled at endoscopic dcr surgery, then this would be a good option for you.
Both procedures are highly successful and the endoscopic approach avoids an external scar on the nose.

In brief: As

Dr. Jay Bradley
Dr. Jay Bradley
Dr. Jonathan Jassey