Is having a lot of discharge a bad thing when it isn't discolored, looking like cottage cheese or smelling? Is there anything to do to decrease the amount of discharge?

Dr. Mary Engrav
Emergency Medicine

In brief: The

The amount of vaginal discharge varies depending on the woman's hormone balance and place in their cycle.
If the discharge increases over the normal amount, then the patient should be medically evaluated as an increase in discharge can be concerning for infection or other problems. I would recommend a gynecological evaluation to test for infection and also be sure the pap smear is up to date. If the patient has pain, fever, or vomiting, then they should be evaluated immediately.

In brief: The

Dr. Mary Engrav
Dr. Mary Engrav