Numbness in fingers I have had numbness and a pins-and-needles sensation in my right hand and fingers for several weeks now. What kind of doctor should I see?

Dr. Jeffrey Wint
Surgery - Hand Surgery

In brief: Numbnesss

Numbnesss and tingling can be caused by issues directly related to the hand , wrist and upper extremity but there can also be indirect or systemic issues that can cause this.
While carpal tunnel syndrome is common and a hand surgeon or orthopedic surgeon takes care of this, the other issues, circulation, referred pain, neck causes, nerve issues not related to compression, other types of nerve compression, arthritis, trauma, and a host of other issues including medications you are taking can come in to play. While a hand surgeon may be well versed to care for this, if you have a primary care physician do not leave them out of the loop. If you r pcp agrees then a hand surgeon or an orthopedic or plastic surgeon who takes care of hand issues can be very helpfulto anyone with numbness or tingling in one hand.

In brief: Numbnesss

Dr. Jeffrey Wint
Dr. Jeffrey Wint
Dr. Francisco Schwartz-Fernandes
Surgery - Hand Surgery

In brief: Numbness

Numbness in the hand could be a symptom related to peripheral nerve compression, like carpal tunnel syndrome or cubital tunnel syndrome.
Hand surgeons are the most indicated specialist to take care of this. Go to handsurgery.Org to find a specialist in your area.

In brief: Numbness

Dr. Francisco Schwartz-Fernandes
Dr. Francisco Schwartz-Fernandes