I have a lump in my breast and don't have ins. Right now to see a doc...What should I do? I am a healthy 47 yr old female who had her first and only child at 38 yrs. Old. I have had regular periods every 28 days until 5 weeks ago...In the past 5 weeks i

Dr. Arthur Desrosiers
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: See an OB GYN

It will be worth the minimal money to prevent cancer and possible death.

In brief: See an OB GYN

Dr. Arthur Desrosiers
Dr. Arthur Desrosiers
Dr. Laura McMullen

In brief: Whether

Whether you have insurance or not, you need to have your breast lump checked by a doctor as soon as possible.
It could be something serious such as breast cancer, so the sooner you have it checked out, the better off you will be. Since you have also been having abnormal periods, an ob/gyne doctor would be the best person for you to see - one-stop shopping = best bang for your buck. Many doctors offer discounts for people without insurance who pay up front, so you may be able to save money that way. Other offices may also be able to get you in touch with a social worker who is good at navigating the insurance world. If the lump is something serious, they may be able to get you emergency coverage or know of a plan that you qualify for that you may not have been aware of. Good luck!

In brief: Whether

Dr. Laura McMullen
Dr. Laura McMullen
Dr. Cindy Juster