Do you know anything about this? I'm pregnant, and i went t my doctors apt. Last week and she did a pap- smear. She said there was a smell and bacteria inside of it that could be treated with a five day prescription. She said it was a cervix something. Do

Dr. Joy Jackson

In brief: She

She probably said it was a cervicitis, which is another way to describe inflammation of the cervix due to a bacterial vaginosis.
The five day treatment is with Metronidazole vaginal cream also known as metro-gel. If you are unclear about a diagnosis given or want more information, don't hesitate to call your doctor. A nurse can usually answer your questions; if not your doctor will. Good luck with your pregnancy!

In brief: She

Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Jane Van Dis