What causes the ball of my one foot to have a burning sensation? My foot often feels like a burning feeling on the ball of my foot. Touching it does not give off any heat on my hand. I was driving the other day when it started burning and i thought my

Dr. Henry Tseng
Podiatry

In brief: Neuroma

Burning in the ball of the foot is indicative of a neuroma, inflamed nerve from irritation from tight and narrow shoes or trauma to forefoot.
Treatment usually is reducing the swelling in the nerve: ice, elevating the foot, Motrin or even a steroid injection into the swollen nerve in the foot. An x-ray can be taken to rule out stress fracture. Burning can also be neuropathy if you have diabetes.

In brief: Neuroma

Dr. Henry Tseng
Dr. Henry Tseng

In brief: Neuroma

Most likely you have a morton's neuroma which is a nerve usually between 3 rd and 4 th metatarsal.
Many treatment options are available.

In brief: Neuroma

Many treatment options are available.
Dr. Jeffrey Bowman
Dr. Jeffrey Bowman
Dr. Mary Engrav
Emergency Medicine

In brief: There

There are several possibilities for this such as morton's neuroma which is basically a nerve that has enlarged.
Morton's neuroma does not hurt when when you touch it. It could also be plantar fasciitis but that is usually more near the heel. There are treatments for both. Please be seen medically for this. If you have increased pain, fever, redness or new complaints then you would need to be seen as an emergency.

In brief: There

Dr. Mary Engrav
Dr. Mary Engrav
Dr. Eric Weisman