I have had irritation in my lower throat for two months now. I haven't really had too much mucus or coughing. I have had some allergies - sneezing, clogged ears and a little stuffy nose but can't shake the lower throat irritation. I don't really cough or

Dr. Jack Mutnick
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: See an allergist

You might have allergies which can be tested and treated.
It could also be reflux which can cause a sore throat.

In brief: See an allergist

Dr. Jack Mutnick
Dr. Jack Mutnick
Dr. Laura McMullen

In brief: A

A sore throat is a pretty non-specific complaint that can have many causes.
Most commonly, it is caused by a virus and really shouldn't last more than a few days. A sore throat that persists could be something more serious such as a chronic infection, gastroesophageal reflux disease, and in rare cases, even cancer (especially if you smoke, drink or have been exposed to the hpv virus). Because of this, it is important that you see your doctor or an otolaryngologist (ear nose and throat specialist) to find the cause of your sore throat so it can be properly and effectively treated.

In brief: A

Dr. Laura McMullen
Dr. Laura McMullen
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology