Is exercise intolerance the first symptom of air trapping in lung? 43year male , 23 year smoker my spirometry result. Fvc 106% of predicted fev1 95% of predited fev1/fvc 73% fef25/75 62% of predicted ferf 125% of predicted will take the dlco and rv te

Dr. Amrita Dosanjh
Pediatrics - Pulmonology

In brief: Follow up

These findings do indicate that there is mild airflow obstruction and involvement of the small airways.
Your smoking history is significant and I hope that you have quite smoking and will avoid inhaling smoke. Your follow up study should include testing with and without a bronchodilator. This will help your physician determine responsiveness to the medication.

In brief: Follow up

Dr. Amrita Dosanjh
Dr. Amrita Dosanjh
Dr. Amrita Dosanjh
Virtual Practice for additional information can be located at: healthtap.com/DosanjhMD Key code: NCYHPZ
Dr. Jack Mutnick
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: Obstruction

You meet the criteria for a possible early obstructive lung disease which can include asthma and copd, plus others.
The dlco can be used to determine if asthma or copd.

In brief: Obstruction

Dr. Jack Mutnick
Dr. Jack Mutnick
Dr. Mary Engrav
Emergency Medicine

In brief: Yes,

Yes, exercise intolerance can be a symptom of air trapping.
Some of these changes can be reversible if you can stop smoking, and with inhalers which you are probably already on. If you have increased shortness of breath please be medically evaluated. Also be sure you discuss treatment options with your pulmonologist.

In brief: Yes,

Dr. Mary Engrav
Dr. Mary Engrav
Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology