What is general nuclear medicine? What are some uses of the procedure?

Dr. Gerald Mandell
Nuclear Medicine

In brief: Physiologic study

Nuclear scans involve the ingestion, intravenous injection, inhalation, subcutaneous injection , instillation into the bladder of isotopes, radiotracers, in order to define function of various organs of the body, heart, lungs, bones, liver/spleen, stomach, thyroid gland, lymph system, kidneys, bladder, brain, parathyroid gland and gall bladder. Normal values for adults and children are known.

In brief: Physiologic study

Dr. Gerald Mandell
Dr. Gerald Mandell
Dr. Laura McMullen

In brief: General

General nuclear medicine is a branch of radiology that uses radioactive substances for imaging organs, disease staging and treatment.
I've attached a very informative web page to give you more in-depth information.

In brief: General

Dr. Laura McMullen
Dr. Laura McMullen
Dr. William Forsythe