What do I do about these repeated umbillicus infections for 4 years? I am 18, and ever since I have had an appendectomy in july of 2007, I have had repeated umbillicus infections. 2-4 times per year, I have had pain on the right side of my belly button, a

In brief: Get examined

If any of the surgical maneuvers were done by umbilicus, a stitch, or foreign body can cause this.
If no surgery, some folks have congenital urachal cysts in that area and can drain. Exam and x-rays may solve this.

In brief: Get examined

Dr. Creighton Wright
Dr. Creighton Wright
Dr. Robert Dorsey
Wound care

In brief: See your surgeon

If your appy was done laprascopically through your umbilicus you can have a foreign body reaction from a suture.
A urachal cyst i believe wld have been found by a ct prior to surgery or at the time of surgery. Go be evaluated by a surgeon to have this area explored.

In brief: See your surgeon

Dr. Robert Dorsey
Dr. Robert Dorsey
Dr. Mary Engrav
Emergency Medicine

In brief: That

That is abnormal and a concerning history.
You need to be evaluated by a general surgeon and have a complete evaluation. You may need imaging studies. You may have a persistent duct that needs to be surgically treated.

In brief: That

Dr. Mary Engrav
Dr. Mary Engrav
Dr. Cindy Juster