What is the right cream or ointment to accelerate the healing after nose surgery? I plan to have nose surgery to correct my excessively long and narrow nose. What should I know about choosing a cream or ointment to improve the healing of the skin followin

Dr. Thomas Lamperti
Facial Plastic Surgery

In brief: My

My suggestions to patients regarding how to take care of their incision lines includes twice daily application of diluted peroxide followed by plain vaseline (for 10-14 days).
I find this helps the healing process. There's not much else for you to do to accelerate the skin healing otherwise. Your surgeon may have their own recommendations so i would suggest following what he or she suggests.

In brief: My

Dr. Thomas Lamperti
Dr. Thomas Lamperti
Dr. Tal Dagan
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: There

There is no known cream or ointment that will help to heal the skin of the nose after nose surgery.
As a matter of fact, usually after rhinoplasty (nose surgery), the nose skin is covered by a cast which prevents you from aplying any products to it. The skin of the bridge of the nose slowly smooths out as the normal healing of the tissues takes place. Anecdotally, arnica gel may have some minor yet unstudied contribution to healing. Otherwise, the best recommendation is to allow our nose to naturally recover from surgery without the application of any creams. If you feel the nasal skin is a bit dry, you may apply a fine film of moisturizer but you must be very careful to avoid moving the nose as the bones still need to set in the first few weeks after surgery. The best advice is to consult with your facial plastic surgeon regarding his or her own specific recommendations in the post operative period.

In brief: There

Dr. Tal Dagan
Dr. Tal Dagan