Will I have a scab or stitches, or both, from my mole removal? I have a raised mole on the bridge of my nose, just below my eyebrow. What methods of mole removal would leave that area to scab over, and what method would use stitches to close up the skin?

Dr. Travis Kidner
Surgery - Oncology

In brief: Will have a scar

I would recommend an excisional biopsy of the area.
The sutures should be removed on the early side (about 5 days) to limit the scarring. Unfortunately anytime you cut the skin you are going to be left with a scar.

In brief: Will have a scar

Dr. Travis Kidner
Dr. Travis Kidner
Dr. James Seward
Dermatology

In brief: The

The answer depends on your skin type and the exact location and size of the mole.
If your mole is at the bridge of the nose, which is a "slightly concave" area, the healing tends to be a bit better than at a "convex" area of the skin such as the tip of the nose. If possible, i typically punch remove these and place a stitch or two. However, if it is small, a scrape of the lesion can be very cosmetically effective. I would ask your dermatologist for advice on this one.

In brief: The

Dr. James Seward
Dr. James Seward