Why do I feel energetic in the morning with 6-7 hours of sleep sometimes, while other times I only feel energetic with 8-10 hours?

Dr. Phil Zapanta
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Quality of sleep

The quality of sleep is just as important as the amount of sleep.
For example, if you have sleep apnea and you sleep alone, no one is every going to tell you that you snore, stop breathing, and then wakeup. You may not know that this is happening. However, during the day you will be feeling the effects of waking up frequently throughout the night despite that are you are "asleep" for 8-10 hours.

In brief: Quality of sleep

Dr. Phil Zapanta
Dr. Phil Zapanta
Dr. Phil Zapanta
Also, some of my patients may use sleep medicine or have a drink of wine prior to sleep to help fall asleep. Yes, this will help them fall asleep but their quality of sleep may not be as great (due to multiple reasons). If you have concerns about the quality of sleep, a sleep study is a great 1st step in looking into this.
Dr. Sal Aragona
Dentistry

In brief: Sleep test

All of your symptoms may indicated sleep problems that can be life shortening or life threatening.
The only way to know if there are serious problems is with an overnight sleep test. I encourage you to seek help.

In brief: Sleep test

Dr. Sal Aragona
Dr. Sal Aragona
Dr. Peter Kurzweil