Reoccurring ruptured ear drum in an adult, how common? 1 month ago, woke up with a tickly throat. And dry cough. Day 3 woke up middle of the night w/ a horrible throat pain.I gargled with salt water, went to bed, woke up, pain in throat gone! ear hurts li

Dr. Stephen Rothstein
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: Ear

Pretty common more common after a previous.
l rupture and with a bad cold

In brief: Ear

l rupture and with a bad cold
Dr. Stephen Rothstein
Dr. Stephen Rothstein
Dr. Steven Seres

In brief: It's

It's not all that uncommon.
I can think of several people in my general practice who suffer the same thing. It's less likely due to your teeth issues, and more possibly a weakness of the ear drum from prior infections, or possibly something that runs in your family. You should finish off the treatment you just got and anticipate a full recovery. It's improbable, but certainly possible that this could indeed happen again. It just isn't likely a sign of something more severe going on.

In brief: It's

It's not all that uncommon.
Dr. Steven Seres
Dr. Steven Seres
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology