Could I have MRSA in my bloodstream along with pneumonia? I was diagnosed with MRSA a week ago when i went to urgent care for a boil behind my right ear. They cultured it and put me on antibiotics. Sure enough it was mrsa. It hasn't even been a full we

Dr. William Ehni
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease

In brief: If

If you have fever, chest pain, cough, and shortness of breath in the setting of MRSA skin lesions, you should be seen and have a chest xray if your doctor feels the small risk of the xray in prenancy is warranted by your symptoms and exam. Mrsa can get in the blood if you have pneumonia and can be checked for with blood samples.

In brief: If

Dr. William Ehni
Dr. William Ehni
Dr. Crystal Twynham
Board Certified, Surgery