Vaginal pain - no answers - help! I have seen 3 doctors in the last 3 months, 2 thought i had a uti, one said yeast infection. My symptoms have always stayed the same, even after meds (macrobid, cipro XL & over-the-counter yeast infection oral meds and c

Dr. Mary Engrav
Emergency Medicine

In brief: I

I am glad that you had the prior evaluation.
If you were not tested for chalmydia and gonorrhea then you should be tested for those too. In addition please be sure your pap smears are up to date. If you had any exposure to syphilis, this should be tested as well. If your urinary symptoms are ongoing, then please see a urologist for an evaluation as well. One possibility is interstitial cystitis, but there are other urological problems that can cause these symptoms as well.

In brief: I

Dr. Mary Engrav
Dr. Mary Engrav
Dr. Jane Van Dis