I have a concussion, and a cervical sprain. Could these injuries lead to a herniated cervical disc when lifting 20lb or more I have preexisting bulging cervical disc can these new injuries to my spine turn the bukge into a herniation

Dr. James Cullington
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Herniated disc

Yes pre existing disease make you more acceptable to herniated.
Disc but they happen in people with little or no trauma so just have any new neuro symptoms evaluated soon.

In brief: Herniated disc

Dr. James Cullington
Dr. James Cullington
Dr. Mary Engrav
Emergency Medicine

In brief: You

You should be cautious if you already have a bulging cervical disc.
Do not lift if you are having pain. Be sure you are trained in proper body mechanics for any lifting. Please ask your neurosurgeon or regular doctor any other recommendations for an exact amount that you can safely lift.

In brief: You

Dr. Mary Engrav
Dr. Mary Engrav
Dr. Mark Pack
Board Certified, Surgery