My husband was told he had a kidney stone the doctor did surgery and said their was no kidney stone, but put a stent in why? My husband was told he had a kidney stone the doctor did surgery and said their was no kidney stone, but decided on his own my hus

In brief: Ask

You must have misunderstood something.
Discuss with the urologist and he or she will explain the reason for the stent. There must be a reason why a stent was placed.

In brief: Ask

You must have misunderstood something.
Dr. Michael Michaels
Dr. Michael Michaels
Dr. Boris Aronzon
Anesthesiology

In brief: Passed stone

Most likely you husband had passed stone right before surgery.
Get 2 nd opinion from another urologist.

In brief: Passed stone

Dr. Boris Aronzon
Dr. Boris Aronzon

In brief: I

I suspect the stent was placed in his ureter, not his urethra.
When an urologist performs ureteroscopy, there is often edema and swelling of the ureter tube that may cause obstruction of the flow of urine from the kidney. If this is suspected, the surgeon may choose to leave a stent in the ureter to keep the kidney unobstructed. Any type of endoscopic stone surgery may require a stent. Many people do experience discomfort related to having an indwelling stent, and it typically resolves after the stent is removed, which is usually a few days to a few weeks after the operation. However, your husband's symptoms may also be a result of a urinary tract infection, and he should certainly see his doctor for testing to ensure this is not the case.

In brief: I

Dr. John Tillett
Dr. John Tillett
Dr. Rashed Hasan
Board Certified, Pediatrics - Critical Care