Question about paragard/copper IUD basically I am thinking about using a peroxide douche to help eliminate a bacterial vaginal infection. Yes I know I am not supposed to douche...My question is, can peroxide corrode my copper iud? Cannot find the answer

I. I am fairly confident that peroxide will not corrode your copper iud, although I can not say this with 100% certainty. However I have to highly recommend you not use a peroxide douche. This can affect the natural vaginal flora and cause even more infections to occur. How do you know you have a bacterial vaginal infection? Did you go to your doctor for testing and diagnosis. If not I hightly recommend that you do. Often times women think that are dealing wwith one type of infection and it ends up being something else. Instead of blindly treating yourself, please allow a doctor to guide you in the appropriate treatment. Good luck.