What is wrong with me? I have a severe cough, wheezing, and white sputum (with a little bit of green/yellow discoloration). I was sick a couple of weeks ago, but the cough never completely dissipated. The sickness came back a couple of days ago, however,

Dr. Edward Burney
Ophthalmology

In brief: Wheezing/cough

Hard to say without knowing other symptoms.
Could be sinusitis or even pneumonia. See your doc asap.

In brief: Wheezing/cough

Dr. Edward Burney
Dr. Edward Burney
Dr. Joy Jackson

In brief: You

You may be dealing with a bronchitis or pneumonia that is caused by a bacteria.
If this is the case the treatment is antibiotics. The only way to get antibiotics is to have a doctor evaluate you and prescribe them. There are also prescription medications that can help with your cough and wheezing. So to answer your question, you should go see a doctor because your body won't cure itself. You could only get worse and possibly end up hospitalized. Doctors are trained for many years to handle medical issues such as the one you are dealing with. It would be wise for you to start seeing a medical professional when illness arises, and for yearly physicals or as recommended. Good luck.

In brief: You

Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology