I got what seems to be my period today but i still have two more days on my active birth control pills. Is this normal? I had sex over a month ago without a condom but i was on the pill and I am consistent with taking it.

Dr. Joy Jackson

In brief: This

This can occur, and is nothing to worry about.
In a situation such as this, continue taking the active pills as normal regardless if your period has started or not. There is a very low chance that the bleeding means you are/were pregnant. If you want to be 100% sure you can always take an early prediction pregnancy test. Continue with your pills as usual. If you continue to have irregular bleeding on your pills, you may need a different hormone formulation; your doctor will be able to evaluate your cycle history and prescribe a pill that will be better for you. Good luck.

In brief: This

Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Shontae Buffington