Is insomnia a normal symptom of geodon (ziprasidone) withdrawal?

Could be. Geodon (ziprasidone) is sedating for many people so it makes sense that insomnia would occur when stopping it, but should be very temporary as ego don has a very short half like. The real question is why you are stopping it and why you were on it in the first place.
Most likely. May be Geodon (ziprasidone) was helping you to stop racing thoughts and improve your sleep also it cause sedation improve sleep you never stop taper down slowly with professional help.