If I wake up choking from throwing up, does this mean I have sleep apnea?

No. Vomiting is not a typical symptom of sleep apnea. The gasping or choking sensation that's mentioned is from air hunger and not from anything that has to do with your stomach. You should talk to your doctor about throwing up at night and find the reason why. Sleep apnea symptoms include snoring, dry mouth, urinating at night frequently, morning headaches, unrefreshing sleep & daytime sleepiness.
Check it out. There are many conditions including post nasal drip, and reflux that can cause throwing up. Sleep apnea is another one- you can get tested for reflux and sleep apnea. Discuss it with your doctor.
Not necessarily. This could be a type of mucous buildup from draining sinuses, allergies or other unrelated problems. I would not rule out sleep apnea, but you need to have a sleep study performed to get definitive answers.
No. Nocturnal vomiting is not typically a feature of sleep apnea, but I am very concerned that you could choke, or even suffocate, and so I urge you to see a doctor immediately to have this evaluated.