Would a deep plane face lift leave me with less sensation in my face? I had a breast lift years ago, so I know that cosmetic surgery can cause some loss of feeling in the treatment area. I'd like to reduce the sagging in my cheeks and around my mouth with

Not necessarily.. A deep plane facelift may be less at risk for sensory changes. Consult a specialist in facelifting for a detailed consultation. Www. Asc-psd. Com.
Deep plane. Facelifts put your motor nerves at higher risk, and superficial plane facelifts have more numbness (sensory nerve dysfunction).
In the Short Term- Y. Good morning! Almost all facial lifting procedures can lead to some temporary numbness after surgery- but when properly performed, this tends to resolve over 1 to 4 months. There are many variations to a "deep plane" facelift and while the superficial skin nerves are more likely to be spared, the deeper, larger nerves are in fact more at risk and can potentially lead to a a longer term numbness.
Deep. Deep plane facelift has fallen out of favor because of the high incidence (10%) of facial nerve injury. The facial nerve does not provide sensation, but rather controls movement of facial muscles. Facial nerve injury results in paralysis of facial muscles. Most plastic surgeons elevated the smas as part of a facelift. The smas is the layer that contains the facial muscles. Elevating this layer provides a long term result, and facial nerve injury is extremely rare (<1%). All typical facelifts will result in some skin numbness, but this generally resolves in about 3-6 months. The smas facelift will provide full rejuvenation of the face and neck.
Maybe. There is a temporary loss of sensation after facelift most patients have return to normal. However there is always a chance of sensation change after surgery.
Probably not.. In general loss of skin sensitivity is noted for a few weeks to month after any type of facelift, but sensation generally returns to normal over several months.
Not really. Any facelift will leave you with decreased sensation along the side of your face and in front of your ears for several months. Most of that sensation returns however, not always. This happen with all the techniques.
Depends. In 5 % or less of facelifts you may get deceased sensation somewhere in the face. It is usually around the ears if it occurs.